I am an IT professional with more than six years of experience in consulting, software engineering and project management. I am currently doing a PhD in Information Systems at the Distributed Object Programming Lab of HEC Lausanne (University of Lausanne - Switzerland). My area of research is related to human mobility and distributed systems.
During the course of my master in Information Systems, I worked on indoor tracking systems by implementing a system balancing ubiquity, accuracy and cost. Prior to this experience, I led the development of a national portal of Investment for the Republic of Guinea and along with a team, made a mapping of the Guinean private sector as a consultant of a World Bank Project (IDA H 8670 – GN).
My area of expertise ranges from collecting, analyzing and modeling location data as well as managing IT projects in controlled environments.
- Doctoral Researcher & Graduate Teaching Assistant (HEC Lausanne – Switzerland), March 2020 - Now
- Student Teaching Assistant (HEC Lausanne - Switzerland), November 2018 - February 2020
- IT Business Analyst (Matchmore - Lausanne, Switzerland), June 2018 - October 2018
- IT support (Infomaniak - Geneva, Switzerland, 40%), March 2018 - August 2018
- Consultant, Head of the IT department (WorldBank IDA H 8670 / Private Investment Promotion Agency - Conakry, Guinea), June 2014 - November 2016
- Co-founder & Lead developer (Techevox - Conakry, Guinea), December 2015 - January 2017
- Algorithms and computational thinking (Bachelor Forensic science - Fall), 2019, 2020 - now (Teaching Assistant)
- Practical programming in Python (Bachelor Forensic Science - Spring), 2020 - now (Teaching Assistant)
- Software Architectures (Master in Information Systems - Fall), 2019 (Student Teaching Assistant)
- Introduction to Distributed Systems (Master in Information Systems - Fall), 2018 (Student Teaching Assistant)
- Supervision of Master theses:
- Sarah Büchner, (2021). Parky, an Attempt to make Cities Smarter
- Shahzeb Ahmed, (2022). Privacy risks related to Indoor Positioning Systems
- Indoor Positioning System based on RSSI
- Queue management system
- Book sharing platform
- Trajectory indexing
- Portal of investment of the Republic of Guinea
- Private sector mapping, Republic of Guinea
- Prince 2 Foundation
Interests: Robotics, Human Mobility, Distributed Systems, Indoor Positioning, Information Security and Privacy.